Tori of Anytime Yoga (a fellow endo girl, awesome yoga teacher and all around kick-ass person if you’re into that) did this last week and I thought it was pretty genius: She cleared out the Drafts file of her blog by posting a list of all the blog post titles she had come up with, but never got around to writing.
I am so guilty of this, partially because I just don’t have as much time to blog now that it’s a little less intrinsic to my writing day job (than say, when I was going to beauty school and the blog kinda was my day job). And also because I use my blog’s Drafts file to keep tabs on ideas that I think might be bigger than blog posts and should be pitched around to my editors as articles and what not. But sometimes it takes me awhile to decide whether something is a full article, or just a post, or really nothing at all… and anyway, here we are with a drafts folder that is 20 “posts” strong. And that’s after a strenuous round of editing.
So I’m taking a cue from Tori and sharing these posts-that-might-have-been, both so I can admit to myself that they aren’t going to be posts and yet simultaneously, give them a little glimmer of post-hood here. They may still grow up to be articles… or this may need to count as their day in the sun.
- Writing Pink. This was going to be about the gender byline wars. I still think they are a thing but nobody is as focused on them now that it’s not ASME season…so I’ll tell you my take on this whole deal next year, maybe.
- [Reading List] The End of Men. This will happen… I just have to finish reading the book first.
- Waxing Is Back. But when did I decide it went away?
- A Post About This Blog. Sure, that sounds necessary.
- Vogue Model Ban. I think we’re done with that now.
- Designing Myself. No earthly clue.
- Botox Is My New Best Friend. Ah… but not for the reasons you think. It’s putting a major dent in my migraines and I thought that was hella ironic for a beauty critic/body politics blogger. But now I’ve told you, so we don’t need a post.
- [Beauty Overheard] Julianne Moore. Whatever she said, I think we can let it go.
- [Beauty Overheard] Salma Hayek. Yes, her too.
- Green Sweater Post. Oh this was kind of a good one. I should write it. Maybe now that fall is here.
- Mindful Eating. You want to try to do that.
- Sugar. You want to try to do that too.
- Care Workers. I think this might be an article… or just a thought I had.
- Black Hair Salons & The Recession. Oh my. I seem to have confused my blog with the senior thesis of an anthropology major.
- Koreans in Black Bty Biz. Ditto, plus I forgot spelling.
- Field Trip. This is how far back my drafts folder goes — this was from Beauty U.
- Beauty Schools & Financial Aid. Also this.
- Comments Policy/Terms. Yup, I should totally get around to having one of those.
Wow, that was freeing. We should all do that once a month or something. Happy weekend!