The Pretty Price Check: Your Friday round-up of how much we paid for beauty this week.
- Thieves stole $150,000 worth of hair extensions from a Texas beauty salon. As you know, I have a lot of feelings on the subject of selling hair. (Via New York Times.)
- If you’ve ever wanted to see 12 models without professional makeup or retouching, now you can. Phew.
- BellaSugar asks: Does $38 worth of makeup work as well as $209? I totally can’t tell which side of the model’s face got which products. And I’m a trained professional, yo.
- Teen wears $25,000 dress to the prom, reports Jezebel. Hope no one spilled the spiked punch on it.
- If the Fair Wages for New Yorkers Act passes, developers building new strip malls (you know, where beauty salons live!) would have to require tenants to pay $10 per hour plus health insurance or $11.50 per hour without it. Fingers. Crossed. (Via Broadside)
- Lead was found in 96 percent of cosmetics tested in a new and scary study, reports No More Dirty Looks. Don’t worry, arsenic was only in 20 percent of samples.