The Pretty Price Check: Your Friday round-up of what we paid for beauty last week.
- $72: What you’ll pay for this insane night bra, which separates and moisturizes your cleavage to prevent wrinkles. You know I couldn’t not include this. (Via The Hairpin)
- 29: The age when most women start to feel old, according to a new survey. Of course, men don’t feel old until they’re 58. As someone who is just 30 days away from not being 29 ever again, I call bullsh*t on this whole thing. (Via MyDaily)
- 500 hours: How long it took to make Lady Gaga’s 14-inch high platform boots. That’s only 100 hours less than I spent in beauty school! Best part: “The boots have flying unicorns and rainbows and say ‘Born This Way.'” So, there’s your Friday Happy Hour chatter sorted. (Via The Cut)
- 1 in 3 women feel more confident when their “armpits are in good condition.” This stat from a WSJ story about how Dove is “tackling the ugly underarm” but I’m choosing a glass-half-full interpretation: 2 in 3 women (in other words, the vast majority) don’t let their pits determine their worth as human beings. This, my friends, is what we call progress. (Via Jezebel.)
- 43 percent: The decrease in liposuction procedures performed since 2000. Yet weirdly, boob jobs are up 40 percent. I have no idea what to make of either of these facts. (Via Jezebel.)
- $12,275: What a Mary Kay Lady can expect to pocket, assuming she can move a whopping $50,000 worth of product per year. (Via PinkTruth)
PS. Fat Talk is bad for you. Like, for real now. So hush up, you’re pretty already!