The lovely Nutmeg Knitter was nice enough to tag me for this fun blog pay-it-forward kind of thing. The rules are that I tell you ten random facts about me, and then nominate ten blogs.
I’m short on blogging time at the moment (can you tell?) so yes, hardcore journalism is on hold for a minute and I’m shamelessly using one of these trendy blog memes to keep you happy and entertained while I rush around doing a million and twelve things. (Most of which are related to this project and hardcore journalism, so don’t fret.)
1. My legs are at least three different shades of orange-y tan right now, due to a spray tan mishap at Beauty U that I will be reporting on in greater detail later this week.
2. I have feelings of intense dislike towards ear drops, beer, most sports, and the word “rhubarb.” (Also advertisements/magazine covers that make women feel bad about their bodies and American Apparel for its weirdly fascist employee dress code. But you knew all of that.)
3. I have feelings of intense like towards pasta, projects, chocolate, mason jars, and vintage handkerchiefs. (Also shoes. But you knew that too.)
4. I am hording a jeans pass that I forgot to turn in one day at Beauty U, and I keep not using it (even though we’re supposed to use our jeans passes within three days of receiving it). Because I like knowing that it’s there.
5. I just baked super awesome brownies because it’s the birthday of one of my favorite Beauty U classmates tonight. And because I make super awesome brownies. Which we will eat in the break room, in between eyebrow waxes.
6. I am only ever barely on time to anything, and that includes Beauty U, where, if you arrive after 6:05 PM, you are not allowed to enter the classroom until 7 PM, and have to sit in the break room and spare into space because we don’t get good cell reception back there. I am actually super proud of the fact that this has only happened to me once twice. Less proud now.
7. Last month, I learned the hard way that if you wax armpits and forget to wear gloves, your hands will smell like armpit for the rest of the night.
8. My eyebrows grow so fast that I have to get one of my Beauty U friends to tweeze and trim them every two weeks, or they start to stick straight out. (That’s for everyone who thought I was being wholly unsympathetic to the hairy eyebrow needs of kids like Client Nine.)
9. I’m eating toast for dinner. (In the next six minutes before I leave for class.) Again.
10. And I’m out… What else do you want to know about me/Beauty U/life in general?
Here, in alphabetical order, are ten blogs that I consider very beautiful. (It was really hard to choose just ten, by the way, and no, they are not all about beauty. I have layers.)