The Pretty Price Check: Your Friday round-up of what we paid for beauty last week.
- $180: The price of this bird poop facial, available only in New York and London. Or anywhere else with a healthy pigeon population, for you DIY lovers. For more on wacky facial ingredients, check out what I wrote here. Also this. (Via TheHairpin)
- 1152: The number of times Self Magazine has told you how to get skinny, according to Dances With Fat’s latest count. Jeez, you’d think it would have worked by now.
- 6: The number of boob jobs performed on German porn star Carolin Berger, who died during her last augmentation surgery a few weeks ago. She was 23. This is really, really not okay. (Via Jezebel)
- $9.99: The price tag on Bioglo Cherry Pink Lip Nipple Cream Sexy Kissy Lighten (no I don’t get the use of weird baby talk adjectives either), spotted in this alarming round-up over on Sociological Images. See above. Your breasts are fine.
- 1: The number of meals you eat per day on the SlimFast Diet. New tagline: “Who has time to slim slowly?” Um… maybe anyone who wants to lose weight while also eating at appropriate intervals? (Via About-Face)
- $175,000: What a Long Island man paid to recreate Carrie Bradshaw’s Heaven on Fifth closet for his wife. I’m only a little bit jealous.
But what’s with the crazy infographic up top? Find out at Bundle.com where they’ve dug up price check stats galore in order to rank the fitness of American cities based on their personal care spending. Spoiler alert: Austin, TX takes top billing, with a whopping $143 per month on cosmetic stores, spas, gyms, salons, and drugstores. Detroit, MI comes in last, with a paltry $18 per month. Fascinating. (More great analysis over at TheHairpin.)